Spiritual death is nasty. And hundreds of millions are currently dead to God. Spiritual dead humans may be biologically alive. They may even have physical happiness. But God is not alive in them. They do not know their creator and they are not His friend. The dead are spiritual zombies. According to some traditional west African religions, Zombies are dead people who are revived by a bokor or sorcerer. “Zombies remain under the control of the bokor since they have no will of their own” Wikipedia
Spiritual zombies are humans whose “spiritual eyes” have been blinded by a Satan or a “bokor.” The Apostle Paul wrote about what happened to spiritual zombies in 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 “And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. Imagine living your life not connected to the God who made you… a perishing life. This life has not been revived by the gospel of Christ. I am sad that so many humans are spiritual zombies.
Spiritual Zombies Make Me Sad
- Spiritual Zombies miss out on a living relationship with their God and creator. The entire Bible was written to woo the dead back to God. Jesus Christ rose from the dead so that spiritual zombies could be revived forever.
- Spiritual Zombies are really lonely. Without God inspiring relationships every other relationship in their life will decay eventually. Someone may experience various measures of happiness, but without God living in you that happiness will come and go.
- Spiritual Zombies are not finding their way to churches. I am sad that many churches are weak.
- Spiritual Zombies make up a vast number. There are a large population of the spiritual undead. The pure magnitude of this is overwhelming. This also makes me very sad.
- Spiritual Zombies are open to be reached but the number of revivalists are too small. We need hundreds of thousand of life agents of God who will infiltrate every culture with the message of life, joy and peace.
What Am I Hopeful About?
I am hopeful that God will inspire revival in our day, so that the dead will raise. I want to be part of training an army of leaders who are trained and mobilize to bring true life to the spiritual zombies of the world. I have never been so excited about inviting life operatives to be trained for ministry at Christian Leaders Institute. We live in exciting times where because of the Internet new operative can be trained in a high quality Bible School training.
I celebrate that we have everything we need to make spiritual zombies alive again. We have God to help us. We read that “His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness”(1 Peter 1:3).
Are you called to bring the gospel that will bring life to spiritual zombies? Are you called to join this movement to bring happier and more peace filled lives to those who need it? I invite you to join us.