Christian Leaders Institute – A ministry of Christian Leaders, NFP
Contact Hours: Monday-Friday – 8:30 am-4:00 pm USA Eastern time
Florida – Collegiate Credentials Headquarters
Florida Phone Number: 727-230-1036
Old Address: 970 Lake Carillon Drive, Suite 300
St. Petersburg, FL 33716
New Address 3/1/2019: 2620 Cove Cay Dr #305. Clearwater Florida 33760
Michigan – Mission Outreach Headquarters
Michigan Phone Number: (616) 777-0305
17771 West Spring Lake Rd
Spring Lake, Michigan 49456
Christian Leaders Institute is the educational arm of Christian Leaders, NFP. Christian Leaders, NFP (Commonly known as Christian Leaders Ministries) was organized in 2006 as a Religious 501(c)3 not for profit corporation.
Note: Our plan for 2019 is to move our 501(c)3 status from the state of Illinois to the state of Florida. We are incorporated in the states of Florida, Illinois, and Michigan.
Vision and Mission
The mission of Christian Leaders Institute is to raise up well equipped Christian leaders who will bring revival to the earth.
Christian Leaders Institute brings opportunities for Christian higher education to those called to ministry, whether bi-vocational or vocational.
The Apostle Paul was a gospel minister. He was also an enterprise minister. This bi-vocational approach was core to the Apostle Paul. He served his community by making tents. Tentmaking funded his gospel ministry and helped him spread that ministry through the connections he made in that enterprise. For instance, Paul recruited fellow tentmakers, Priscilla and Aquila, to share in the gospel ministry.
After this, Paul left Athens and went to Corinth.There he met a Jew named Aquila, a native of Pontus, who had recently come from Italy with his wife Priscilla, because Claudius had ordered all the Jews to leave Rome. Paul went to see them, and because he was a tentmaker as they were, he stayed and worked with them. (Acts 18:1-3)
Christian Leaders Institute is inspired to raise up well-educated Christian leaders, who may or may not hold a traditional ministry position. Paid ministry positions are scarce, but the need for Christian leaders is immense. Therefore, the mission of the Christian Leaders Institute is to make this opportunity available to as many called Christians as possible.
Since 2006, over 200,000 people have signed up as enrolled prospects. Nearly 20,000 have completed classes and programs. These programs include awards, certificates, diplomas, and bachelor degree credentials.
- Biblical Perspective – To equip called and motivated Christian leaders to proclaim the gospel and bring revival. Christian Leaders Institute presents a biblical perspective that characterizes its courses. An established statement of faith is communicated to each new student as they enter the Christian Leaders Institute.
- Free Classes with Two Types of Credentials – To educate underserved Christian leaders with ministry training via smartphones, tablets, or computers with free ministry classes. Offering free digitally viewed Mission Credentials and fee-based Collegiate Credentials.
- Mission Credentials recognize the scholastic efforts of those students who complete classes and programs of study at Christian Leaders Institute. The mission of CLI is to raise up revival leaders in every rank of society with free ministry classes and credentials. That is why we call them “mission credentials.” The Mission Credentials are digital. These digital credentials are open to everyone who enrolls at Christian Leaders Institute and completes the orientation class. Mission credentials can result in ordinations, local bi-vocational or vocational opportunities, Life Coaching certifications, and more. Free classes and Mission Credentials are supported by Vision Partners. Christian Leaders Institute has received Quality Religious Accreditation from IABCS. This accrediting agency is not connected to the United States Department of Education (USDE).
- Collegiate Credentials recognizes the scholastic efforts of students who complete classes and programs of study at Christian Leaders Institute but want their work to be recognized following the standards of the USDE-recognized accreditation. There is a process of accreditation that is taking place working with Association of Biblical Higher Education. (*Applying for USDE-recognized accreditation is a process, though Christian Leaders, NFP is pursuing this type of accreditation in 2019. We do not claim that we have it now. We are putting a process in place that meets the 22 standards of the USDE-recognized accreditation as another option for students and graduates. In order to serve the Collegiate Credential students more effectively, Christian Leaders is launching Christian Leaders College that will be operational before September 2019 that includes a physical location in Clearwater, Florida. See Christian Leaders College to monitor the progress of the credentialing arm of Christian Leaders, NFP. The Christian Leaders College will oversee the collegiate credentials and will be supported by administration fees. The classes and credential panel will be operated and funded through the mission of Christian Leaders Institute. Excess income from fees will be donated back to the Christian Leaders Institute to support the development of more classes and programs.
- Local Experiential Engagement – To guide our students and graduates into local mentoring relationships where they can process their cognitive learning for local ministry engagement. Students are encouraged to find local mentors in their area(s) of calling or interest. An international voluntary team of ordained mentors has been recruited to serve students. Click here to see Christian Leaders Alliance mentors.
- Transformational Learning Environment with Peers and Faculty – To facilitate peer student, graduate and alumni relationship through our social media platform at the Christian Leaders Network.
- Missional Impact Ordination Opportunities
- To launch out students into local ministry experiences with their local Christian leaders through ordination opportunities with the Christian Leaders Alliance.
- To develop programs and initiatives that address specific community or societal problems or opportunities. One of these programs is the Restorative Justice initiative at the website Ignite Restoration.
- Global Reach – To reach other language groups beyond English with quality ministry training. See Global Mission
- Ministry Dialogues – To help our students, graduates and the general Christian Leaders audience engage with dialogues that encourage more Christian impact. Such as Christian Philosophy and Preaching Acts.
- Ministry Content Partners – To engage with partnering ministries like DeVos Urban Leadership Initiative to share their insights in the Christian Leaders global network.
- Life Coaching Preparation and Ordination – To open more opportunities for Christian Leaders. Christian Leaders has launched Lifecoachminister.com and is planning on launching this area of training and ordination available to both mission credential or collegiate credential graduates. A partnership with Coach Approach Ministries has been initiated to make more life coach certification training available.
Christian Leaders, NFP Related Links in English
- Christian Leaders Network – Christian Leaders participants are able to connect with each other through this private social media connection. Join Christian Leaders Network Now.
- Christian Leaders Alliance – Global Alliance of Christian Leaders Institute trained and ordained leaders – See Directory of Ordained Christian Leaders.
- Preaching Acts – A preaching and ministry communication site led by Dr. Bruce Ballast.
- Ignite Restoration – Christian Leaders who are ministering in the Restorative Justice space – Register for Updates.
- Can We Know that God is Real? A Christian Philosophy site led by Dr. Roy Clouser.
- Christian Leaders Institute YouTube Channel -Stay connected to the latest news of Christian Leaders Institute.
- Christian Leaders Institute Facebook Page – Like this page to spread ministry training impact.