Here you can stay connected and read about new testimonies from CLI students from all over the world!
Dr. Mark Vander Meer has been a pastor for over 20 years, served in two churches and has been a professor for over 10 years. Dr. Vander Meer has been at New Community Church for the past 19 years and is the founder and Executive Director of Community Recovery International, a non-profit organization that he founded in 2002 that reaches out to the local community offering a free meal, recovery worship and groups every Friday and Monday night at New Community Church and at the Community Recovery Care Center. The non-profit also helps those who are homeless, unemployed, fresh out of prison as well as other life issues. Community Recovery International’s model of ministry is now established in India and Kenya respectively. Dr. Vander Meer also founded and directs Community Recovery International Bangladesh, an international non-government organization that provides support for small business creation and literacy education for adults and children in Bangladesh as well as church planting reaching over 1,000 people weekly.
Dr. Vander Meer earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Calvin College; his Masters degree in Religious Education from Trinity International University; and his Doctor of Ministry degree from Bethel University in St. Paul Minnesota. He resides in Grand Rapids, Michigan is married to his wife Mary and has two sons ages 21 and 13.
My name is Crystal Cureton and I am receiving ministry call preparation at Christian Leaders Institue. I currently reside in the state of Virginia in the USA. My walk with God began at an early age. I was living with my grandmother in a rural area. But because of a local church providing a van to transport us in, we were able to start attending church regularly. Through that, I began singing in church as just a little girl.
My walk has not been free of worldly distractions and battles, as there have been many. I rededicated my life to the Lord as an adult. I became involved in many areas of my church’s life such as directing the drama team, singing on the praise team, and dancing on the dance team. I started to see that I was meant to lead in some capacity. I am still very active in my church but desire to get even closer to the Lord. My Pastor informed all of us in the church of the ministry training programs available at Christian Leaders Institute. So, after much prayer and consideration, I decided to apply.
I have learned so much already and am excited to see just where God is leading me. I’m still not certain of my “call to ministry” yet or in what area He is leading me. I am currently managing our social media presence, website, and all media outlet relations. So that may be a good place to start. But I pray that my ministry call preparation studies at Christian Leaders Institute along with the support received from my church family will help me get to the place where I’m ready to receive that call.
Learn about ordained minister study programs at Christian Leaders Alliance.
This Free Philosophy Study Course follows a Christian world and life view. CLI started as a school for those pursuing ministry. Now CLI has expanded to offer other programs like Philosophy.
This training is freely given by generous vision partners including students and kingdom supporters!
- Over 190,000 students have enrolled since 2006,
- Over 15,000 graduates in our CLI Directory in 171 countries
- Graduates have completed 50,000 programs of study.
- Earn official credentials such as Certificates, Diplomas, and Degrees in ministry or enterprise.
- 4.7 rating of over 600 graduates on Facebook.
- Complete your classes on your smartphone, tablet or computer anywhere in the world with Internet access.
- Over 40 professors who hold accredited degrees. A large percentage of our professors hold doctorate degrees.
- Take our free introductory course to earn your scholarship to gain access to the other courses.
- 65 classes are available with a total of 189 credit hours.
- Highly recognized training. Official Bachelor Degree Graduates have options. Accredited schools Like Northern Seminary, Calvin Theological Seminary, and Western Seminary will accept our graduates.
- Provided through a generosity-driven rather than tuition-based model of higher education.
*Optional fees or donations are not required for you to complete your classes but certainly are appreciated.
Optional Ordination Credentials are available through the Christian Leaders Alliance. Over 1100 Christian leaders have been ordained so far!